Wegmans Food Markets is no stranger to natural and organic foods and products, and they’re taking this movement a step further with a fun store event this weekend. The regional grocery chain offers more than 3,000 organic items throughout their stores, and in recent years especially, people have become more keen as to what is going in – and on – their bodies. The organic business is booming right now, and Wegmans has found a small way to celebrate that with their loyal customers.
People who come into any Wegmans store on Saturday, April 23 between 11 am and 3 pm will have the opportunity to explore their wide range of organic products available, and learn the benefits of eating and using organic foods and products. The “Celebrate Organics” passport will guide customers through the store to tasting and cooking demo stations, where they can try before they buy. Customers can also enter to win a gift bag full of organic products, and kids can join in the fun with a farm coloring page and temporary tattoos.
Samples will be offered in different departments around the store, and some highlights include:
- Lemon and Garlic Marinated Chicken – Organic free-range chicken that comes from the Sechler family in Virginia. Try some in the meat department.
- E. U. Shrimp – This meaty, sweet shrimp is raised on a family-owned farm in Ecuador. Try it in the seafood section.
- Wegmans Kefir – This healthy smoothie comes in five flavors and has 12 live and active cultures, and support digestive and immune system health, has protein, and lots of calcium and vitamin D. Find it in the dairy department.
- Wegmans Costa Rican Coffee – This coffee has mild fruity-berry notes and a low acidity. It’s a light roast with a light body to make sweet, smooth coffee. Find it in Nature’s Marketplace.
- Body Wash & Hand Wash – Aloe vera is the first ingredient in these indulgent body and hand washing products. Look for them in the health and beauty section.
This should be a fun little enhancement to those that are shopping on Saturday, and hopefully will bring a lot of awareness about the importance of our food and products, how they’re made, and where they come from to a lot of families! Choosing natural and organic products is extremely important, and I’m so happy that Wegmans is on board with that line of thinking as well.
For those of you who aren’t too familiar with Wegmans, or are wondering just how far the beloved chain has spread nowadays, here’s some fast facts. They have 88 stores across New York, Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Virginia, Maryland, and Massachusetts. There are also rumors that they’re looking to build in North Carolina, but we can’t quite confirm that yet! They’re a family owned business, and this year is actually their 100th anniversary. They’ve been named one of FORTUNE’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” for 19 years in a row. Happy shopping!
Featured photo: Wegmans